5000 PLN Statutory funding for the BioInfoBank Institute
The BioInfoBank Institute was created as a division of BioInfoBank in the year 2000. Since 2000 it conducts research at an international level focusing mainly on bioinformatics and molecular biology. More information about the achievements of the institute can be found on our home page. After 10 years of research the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education has finally decided to evaluated and later to support financially the Institute. The Institute obtained the first rank in a 5 rank scale based on its scientific output. It also obtained financial support amounting to a total of 5000 PLN (above 1000 EUR) for its (statutory) research for the year 2010 (decision from 2010-07-20). This is a little bit less than other institutions in Poland (proportionally to its scientific output the Institute should by funded at a level of 1 000 000 EUR if compared to other institutions). Nevertheless it is a clear step forward toward efficiency in polish research funding. The 5000 PLN are by far the best investment of the Ministry for decades.
BioInfoBank Institute ranked in the first category
We are pleased to announce that on June 15, 2010 the BioInfoBank Institute has been evaluated and classified in the highest (first) category of scientific units by a decision of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Polish government appreciates our hitherto scientific activity and stimulates us to improve our efforts in the future.
Poznan leader of enterpreneurship
- achieving great success on the market,
- offering initiative know-how and technologies,
- using modern methods in work organization,
- carrying out their obligations
- leading off activities friendly to society and natural environment.
The PLE title has been awarded for 3 years period by committee containing mayor of the city of Poznan - Ryszard Grobelny, prefect of the Poznan district - Jan Grabkowski and directors of the local businesses.
See the statuette and the diploma awarded for BioInfoBank.
Virtual Academy of Bioinformatics
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Virtual Academy of Bioinformatics. The aim of the project is to create an Internet platform which helps in the education of students, graduate students and researchers in fields related to bioinformatics using e-learning.
Our objectives are to:
- Create a platform for e-learning to support the learning process of bioinformatics.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of study in the field of study of bioinformatics.
- Collect education materials for students, graduate students, R&D staff.
- Provide full texts of scientific publications and innovative tools for their analysis.
We announce a contest, which aim is to select a group of researchers. Their task would be to prepare didactic materials (15 lectures) for chosen subject to fill the e-learning platform with content. We are looking for specialists in the fields related to bioinformatics, who will support VAB with their knowledge and experience.
More info at: http://wab.bioinfo.pl
BioInfoBank Institute ranked no. 8 Polish institution in the research output category in years 2001-2004
The Information Processing Centre (OPI) has published the results of the parametric evaluation of all 829 scientific institutions in Poland. The evaluation focused on 3 subjects: Research Activity ("E1": scientific titles obtained by employees, implemented standards and procedures, participation in research grants, awards) Research Results ("E2": number and quality of publication and book chapters) and Commercial Results ("E3": contracts with industrial partners, patents, sales of products and licenses). Our institute was ranked number 8 in the Research Results category. The top10 list in this category includes following institutions:
- Katolicki Uniwersytet Lubelski - Międzywydziałowy Zakład Badań nad Literaturą Religijną
- Centrum Astronomiczne im. M. Kopernika PAN
- Centrum Fizyki Teoretycznej PAN
- Instytut Chemii Fizycznej PAN
- Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie - Wydział Fizyki, Astronomii i Informatyki Stosowanej
- Instytut Niskich Temperatur i Badań Strukturalnych im. W. Trzebiatowskiego PAN
- Uniwersytet Śląski w Katowicach - Wydział Matematyki, Fizyki i Chemii - Instytut Fizyki im. A. Chełkowskiego
- BioInfoBank Instytut
- Międzynarodowe Laboratorium Silnych Pól Magnetycznych i Niskich Temperatur
- Instytut Fizyki PAN
The ranking in all 3 categories is available here